Eight Years War of Resistance
Eight Years' War of Resistance is a mod that aims to improve the historical accuracy of the Asian Region without compromising balance and also bring in interesting game mechanics to make the game more enjoyable. This mod adds numerous new historical nations in the Asian region along with unique skins, events, focus trees, decisions and unique tech. Some existing nations, like China and Japan, has also been reworked. They now have a much more extensive and historical focus tree along with new advisors, events, and decisions. Numerous icons are added for companies and advisors, with quality and style similar to the Vanilla ones.
This mod adds numerous new historical nations in the Asian region along with unique skins, events, focus trees, decisions and unique tech. Some existing nations, like China and Japan, has also been reworked. They now have a much more extensive and historical focus tree along with new advisors, events, and decisions. Numerous icons are added for companies and advisors, with quality and style similar to the Vanilla ones.
National Focuses, Events and Decisions
New focus trees are added for many states in the region along with new decisions and events. The focus tree of Japan has also been reworked to improve gameplay and historical accuracy.
◆ Current Nations w/ Comprehensive National Focuses:
- Japan, China, Communist China, Sinkiang, Mongolia, Manchukuo(WTT only), Indochina
◆ Current Nations w/o completely unique National Focuses but are playable and have flavors:
- East Chahar, Pailingmiao Council, Northeastern Army, Guangxi, Burma, Sichuan
◆ Currently Playable Nations:
- Pretty much all of them, except for probably Kumul and the two mini puppets in 1939. (too smol)
- You can actually play as the East Hebei Autonomous Council and later on become Wang's China without a tagswitch, meaning that your advisors and research won't be lost along the way.
- If you want to play as Mengjiang, play as the little puppet with Japan's color(East Chahar). You will become Mengjiang later, historically. And don't worry, Prince Demchugdongrub will defect to you.
The map has been overhauled to increase histoical accuracy and fits the needs of gameplay. Numerous states has been added and borders has been redrawn.
Unique Skin and Tech Variants
For most warlords and Japanese client states, new custom skins and tech are added, adding more flavor to the game. Most of these are even available without Waking the Tiger DLC!
A new set of advisors "Foreign Advisors" is introduced to simulate the Western advisors in Asia during those times.
Right now only China has unique foreign adivors, but all countries in the world gets a set of generic ones. New unique advisors may be added in the future.
This mod adds a new ideology Socialism. The ideology has its own political advisers and political decisions. The reason for this is to better represent the complex political situation during that time and create a more fun and in-depth experience.
In addition, ideology "non-aligned" is now renamed "reactionary". World tension thresholds for it are reduced and some other limitations are also removed.
– Natt, Project Lead
– Sasha, Indochina Rework
– East Focus mod - Wanniang
– Lamp's Eqpt Icons 2 - 电灯弗里曼 (Lamp)
– Mongolia National Focus - Mordred
– Historical Japanese OOB with Manchukuo [EN] - Ukiwa
– Burma – Kaba Ma Kyei - Chewy Yui
– Wanniang, Tsar Boris, Mordred, waowie, 坂田銀時 (袁銀)-TW, Muhammed Liberalist, BigX360,
Pregolli, FlimsyPike, oneven0788, Magdaleno, fbruchmueller
– Brooke, Ice Cold Bike Destroyer, Maximus Edgimus, Minercommand212